Welcome to the Butt Lite X Registration Page
TeamStrange is happy to announce we are now accepting applications for Butt Lite X – The Final (and we mean final) Butt Lite.
Butt Lite X will start and end in some town or city somewhere in the lower 48 of the USA. The rally will begin on Sunday, July 5, 2020, and end on Saturday, July 11, 2020. The entry fee will be $975 solo or $1175 two-up.
Please read all the information below before proceeding. We know you’re anxious, but reading comprehension is always important:
- If you are interested in applying for a spot in BLX, read this page, then click on the button at the bottom of the page to go to the application form.
- Preference will be given to previous Butt Lite riders, Butt Lite volunteers, Minnesota 1000 riders, MN1K volunteers.
- You will be asked to provide a brief riding résumé.
- If you have never ridden with us in the past, don’t despair. This doesn’t mean you won’t get in.
- After all the data for the application is gathered, you will be prompted to make a deposit of $100 via PayPal.
- If you are selected, the $100 will go toward your entry fee.
- If you are not selected, the $100 will be refunded to you.
- PayPal will be the only form of payment we will take during the application process.
- Applications will be accepted beginning April 1, 2019, through July 30, 2019.
- The order in which we receive applications will not impact your chances of getting in. Unlike previous Butt Lites, being first doesn’t guarantee you a spot.
- You will be notified via email (the email you give us during the application process) during the first week of September 2019 whether you were or were not accepted. If you don’t get in, we won’t leave you hanging. This date may fluctuate depending on where we are with reviewing applications.
- At that time, you will be given information on how to pay the balance of your entry fee (checks or PayPal will be accepted). We will accept two payments over a period of time that will be communicated then.
- You will be informed of the rally start and finish locations, schedule and reservation information for hotels.
- There will be no refunds of entry fees after you have been accepted into the rally.
- There will not be a waiting list. If you are on the fence about applying for Butt Lite or want to wait to see who else gets in, you will be out of luck. You must apply during the application window in order to be considered.
- If you want information on what to expect during the rally – rules, route sheets, reports from riders – you can find more information on past rallies (and on Butt Lite X as we post it) at the Butt Lite Rally Blog.
- As in the past, the top 10 finishers of Butt Lite X will get a no-draw entry into the 2021 Iron Butt Rally, and the winner of Butt Lite X gets a paid entry.
- If you have any issues with the registration process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Light fuse, get away.